Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New

So I have started my new life in Provo. Never in a million billion years did I think that I would be living here! But you know what? I like it! I like that everyone has the same goals (finish school, get married) and the general spirit about the place is pretty nice. It's nice seeing people walk around dressed modestly, and I don't think I've heard a single cuss word since I've been here. Such a nice change!

These last couple days my sole focus has been job hunting. Ew. I've never really had to job hunt, my previous jobs were pretty much handed to me. So far I have applied to around 12 places or more, but no luck yet. It's only been like two days or serious searching so I haven't lost hope....yet. No! Must not lose hope! I will find a job :)

So...Provo. Quite an interesting place. I don't think I've heard as much marriage talk during church in my entire life. Our bishop told us straight out on Sunday that his main purpose is to get us all married by Christmas. Which I wouldn't mind. There's plenty of good guys in my ward, I'm excited to make some new guy friends! I feel like most of my friends are guys, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Bad- always in the friend zone. Good- sometimes you meet their cute friends, so it all works out.

My roomies are ADORABLE and I am so excited to be in a house with normal people! What a nice change! (haha jk family) But really, that was one of my only worries coming up here was that I didn't know my roommates. Well, turns out they are fantastic. Clean and nice and so cute! I definitely picked the right place to live. Plus the house is just like every little red brick, two story Utah house that I have always wanted to live in. So old, yet so perfect. We'll see how it keeps us warm in the winter, haha. Our house is called "The Lookout House", probably because you can see the street pretty well from the front windows. One of the boys called it the stalker house. Haha! That's what it feels like, I can see people coming and going when I stand at the sink doing dishes.

So, I guess the verdict on Provo is, good so far! I actually like being on my own, it feels like I'm finally growing up! Yay! About 4 years too late, but oh well :)


No comments: