Friday, August 12, 2011

Woe is me! (kidding)

Let me get something straight. Yes, I am single. Very much so. I've been single for a year. Big whoop.

And honestly, I would love nothing more than to be married, or even to have a wonderful boyfriend. All of my friends are married, and it does get lonely sometimes hearing about how "married life is the best!" and "my husband is the greatest husband in the world!" and "you're still single?".

But I've done my best to not gripe and complain about it too much. That is one of my biggest desires, to get married, but it doesn't consume every part of my day. I don't mention it in every conversation. I don't whine about it on facebook. Heck, this might be the first time I've blogged about it.

Sometimes I feel that girls who focus only on the fact that they are single give out a "desperate" vibe about them. Me, on the other hand, I like to focus on having fun while I'm single. You know, doing stuff that married people have a harder time doing, like flirting with multiple boys at once and leaving on spontaneous trips.

I figure, the right guy will come along at the right time. All I can do is be the person that I would want to marry. And always put myself in situations where I might meet new people.

Since I'm moving up to Utah in less than two weeks (!), expect some of my posts to be dating related. I'll probably be sharing stories of failed dates, fun first dates, awkward moments, and cute guys. One thing I will not do is whine about how nobody asks me out or how it's not working out with this one guy or blah blah blah....because that's not me! I am a happy person, and I am going to focus on happy things!!

Wish me luck on my move, it's a new adventure! :)

No comments: