Sunday, March 1, 2009

NO! Anything but this....

Well, I talk to my friend Kelsey Lesueur yesterday. She is a hardcore marathon runner who is experienced about all things running. She's known about my injury this whole time, and has given me some great advice about it. I saw her last night at the adult Stake Conference meeting (which was really good, by the way) and she asked me how I was doing, running-wise. Basically I said it sucked, because it does, and she asked me about my pain. When I told her how it feels, she told me I should get it checked out, because there is the possibility that it is a...gulp...stress fracture.

So, I headed straight to Google to read up on stress fractures, and I have a nagging suspicion that I could have one. Pain gets worse with exercise? Check. Localized pain that hurts in one specific spot? Check. Swelling about the size of a half-dollar at the time of the initial injury? Check (that was when Julie was trying to massage it out and it hurt like a mother). Constantly throbbing? Check. Getting worse over time, because I keep exercising on it? Check. Happens when doing too much, too fast? Definitely check.

Basically, I'm screwed. These things take an average of 2 to 3 months to heal, which is totally not what I need right now! I've got a bloody marathon to train for, good crap! So, I'm getting a doctor's appointment this week and getting it sorted out once and for all. Although, stress fractures can be hard to diagnose with an x-ray, so I might need an MRI. Booo!

I'm trying not to be melodramatic/hypochondriac here, but I need to get it fixed! And, where else to vent but on my blog?

Oh, and one of the missionaries in my ward looks like the kid on the Sixth Sense. Only twelve years or so older. Every time I look at him I want to say "I see dead people." For some reason, I don't think he'd find it funny. That kid is creepy.

No comments: