Thursday, March 26, 2009

Did my stopwatch really just say what I think it said?!

Okay, so today was a milestone! I ran a mile in 9 minutes and 10 seconds!!! My previous mile that I had timed (probably sometime in January) was just barely over 10 minutes, so this is a HUGE accomplishment, at least to me. Granted, I did have the wind at my back. And the wind today was insane. So, although it might not technically be a 9:10 mile, at least I know I can run below 10 now. Hopefully sometime next week I will time myself again, this time on a less windy day. I ran on the greenbelt between Greenfield and Higley roads, and that last stretch between the canal and Higley seemed to last forever! I forced myself not to look at my watch during the last hundred yards or so, and when I finished and looked I was so surprised! Then I collapsed onto the grass and lay there for a good five minutes. I was exhausted! Then, on top of that, I had to walk home again. I couldn't run against that headwind! But all in all, a great day for me. Those tempo runs sure do work!! I can feel my fitness coming back, but I am seriously trying to rein myself in (and not doing so great of a job of it). I really do not want to be injured again, so I need to still try and take it easy and STRETCH more to prevent further injury.

Because being injured sucks. A lot.

Still looking forward to Pat's Run, though! 23 DAYS!

No comments: