Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm almost better!

Okay so, no stress fracture! Best thing I could ask for. I am figuring that it is just a sprained or torn muscle. It's almost better, too! Still not 100% back to how it was before the 10K, BUT I can run now! I ran twice this week, and it made me so happy! I'm taking it as easy as possible, so I haven't done any intense mileage or anything. I feel like I'm starting over from where I was in January but I have plenty of time to get back in shape for real training in the summer.

Oh, I have also decided to switch marathons, if I can! I started thinking about how high the altitude is in Logan, UT where the Top of Utah marathon is, and I figured that that high of an elevation is going to kick my butt. So, instead of that one, I am going to try to get into the St George Marathon! This is a little tricky because they have a limit on how many can run the marathon, I think the cap is at 7200 or something. Which is still a ridiculous amount! The way it works is, you register for the marathon between April 1st and May 1st, then your name gets put in a raffle and they draw out 7200 names. I can't tell you how much I want my name to be drawn! This marathon is much bigger (more people), and so much more of an experience because of it. If your gonna run a marathon, go big or go home, right? So instead of in September, I'm looking at running one in October. October 3rdd, to be exact. Which is my little sister Chic's birthday! That would be the greatest birthday present, wouldn't it? To watch your big sister finish a marathon? I think so!

Speaking of drawing names, I find out if I got drawn for elk or antelope fall hunts next month! At first I thought I wouldn't know till mid-summer, until I checked the game and fish website. Woo hoo! I do believe I will learn results on or before April 24th....yes! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alicia, first can I just say...I love your blog! I think it's so funny so thank you for entertaining me while I am a bit bored at work! And I am so happy to hear you are starting to feel better. That is such good news! I am just very jealous, I want to be feeling better too more than anything! Definitely shoot for St. George. It is the prettiest marathon ever and so much fun. I will be there for it and would love to cheer for ya as you finish!

LEESH said...

Thanks Kelsey! You are seriously my inspiration! haha. I do my best to make it entertaining :)