Monday, March 30, 2009

Coach Julie? Haha

Well, turns out I had more in me than I thought. More speed, that is. Yep. Tonight I ran an 8:43 mile! But, I was only able to do it with the help of Julie. Apparently I have not been pushing myself to my full potential! And this time, no cheating with the wind at my back! I can't remember the last time I ran a sub-9 mile...probably never! But one thing is for sure, I would never be able to keep that pace up for more than a mile. I was exhausted afterwards! So, that is my new goal. I think I would like my marathon pace to be at least 9:20, maybe even 9:10 per mile. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Basically, I wouldn't be where I am without my friends! Julie pushes me harder than anyone else, and I am so grateful for it! Kelsey is seriously my veritable mine of information when it comes to questions I have about anything running. She has helped me so much, so thanks Kelsey! Chelsie is my new found running buddy, even though we have to travel 20 minutes to run with each other...it is worth it! Annie is like my pen pal running buddy, since we plan on running a marathon together this fall. Can't wait till she gets home, so she can join me and Chelsie on our runs!

My friends are pretty much AWESOME!! I love you girls!!

No comments: