Sunday, March 8, 2009

Really?! I mean, really?!

This is the funniest thing to happen to me to date at the rec center...
So, the other day, I go to do just a little boring workout (no running) and I decided to focus on my abs (swimsuit season is coming up!). So I'm using the sit-up thing where you lay on it and you put your feet under the bars so you can do good sit-ups. I'm facing the mirror, which coincidentally means I'm facing the weight racks. Two guys who look to be my age are working their biceps (not that I was watching them), and I happen to make eye contact, through the mirror, with one of them as I'm doing a sit-up. It was kind of an awkward eye contact, just because eye contact is always awkward.... ha ha. So two seconds later, he turns to his buddy, lifts up his shirt, and says "Dude, check out my six pack!" What the...? Is this your way of picking up women? Good crap! Anyway, I tried really hard not to smile or laugh, because I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that I did, indeed, enjoy looking at his six-pack. It wasn't the best one I've seen, but pretty good nonetheless. But really, how full of himself was he?? Too much for my taste. And frankly, I look hideous at the gym so I don't know what in the world he was thinking!

No comments: