Saturday, September 15, 2012

Things.

So one of my best friends Annie does this thing where she posts about things she loves. I have a lot of things that I love, but not necessarily things that I love from a particular day, given that most days are typically spent in school, sleeping, eating, or running. Ha ha! So, I thought I'd talk about things I love about my life in general.

For one, I absolutely love the feeling after a good, hard run. One where the sweat is pouring into my eyes, a faster pace feels easy, and I feel like I can go on forever. The last few runs I have done have felt this way. Especially the run I did on Friday. It was 8.5 miles of steep uphills and downhills and I felt like I was exploring new territory the entire way, which is one my favorite things to do on a run. I love finding new places to go and new routes to call my own. Sometimes I even name them, for example I have the Temple Run (up to, and around, the temple and back), the Y Trailhead Run (only done once, probably will do it again soon), and the University Parkway Run, where I head up to that road, follow it east all the way around BYU campus, and back to my house. I named this new one the Timpview Run, because I spent about 2 or so miles on Timpview Road. So, any day that I get in a particularly good run turns it into a special day, and I think it is obvious that running is a thing I love.

Another thing I love: driving in a car with the windows down, music on full blast, and singing at the top of my lungs. The singing part is the most important part of the equation, I usually end up after every road trip with a hoarse voice and a sore throat, especially if it is the 10 hour drive from Utah to home. I just feel a rush of happiness when it is just me in the car, singing to my favorite songs with (almost) not a care in the world. I know it seems random, but we all have our randomness about us. 

Family. I love my family. I had a friend in school ask me the other day why I was moving back to Arizona in December (to do my clinicals, when most people are doing them in Utah). I told him one word: family. My whole family is in Arizona, both extended sides, and my life is so much different without them. I miss Clouse family dinners every month. I miss random game nights with the Wilkins side. Most of all, I miss my two sisters and my parents. Now, Dustin and Heather are up here in Utah with me, but as we are all so busy I might only see them two or three times a month. I expect to see a lot more of them when the little bambino is born in December! 

On that same note, I love Arizona. Like, in a I-could-never-marry-a-man-from-anywhere-else kind of love. I know that seems extreme, but even the thought of marrying a non-Arizonan just gives me a "meh" kind of feeling. Ha ha! Who cares if I am limiting myself. I do what I want!! Ha ha. Also, I love the monsoons. I love that you can have blazing hot deserts and cool beautiful mountains in the same state. I love hunting with my dad all over the state. I love my town, Gilbert. I love all the running trails that I have come to know and love over the years. I think I have about a hundred different routes, ranging anywhere from 4 to 20 miles. I love how it still has a small town feel, even though it technically is the largest town in the country (not a city yet!). We even have our own temple, to be dedicated next year. I love all of what I call my "Arizona friends"! They never fail to let me down when ever I make a trip home.

I love my little brother Wes! He's on his mission in Arkansas, and as such gets preferential treatment over all other siblings. Sorry, guys, but I think Mom would agree with me in that Weston is the favorite child right now. That could all change when he gets home in 7 MONTHS (!!!) because he could totally turn out to be some self-righteous little turd (hey, it happens to the best of 'em). But for now, he is favorite. I love his emails every week, he is so insightful about every experience he has, and he always has a way of turning even bad experiences around to make them positive. Hmmm, sounds a bit like me? I taught him well! Also he has funny stories every week, and he adopted a kitten, which you can't help but laugh at because this is the kid that will swerve towards a cat when it crosses the road. Bless his heart.

I'm starting to realize that I have a lot more things that I love, that I didn't even think about. But for now, I'll end this post before it gets too ridiculously long. 

Also, BYU lost again to Utah. Good thing I don't go there, or I would be upset. (I'm pretty sure I said the exact same thing last year). Have a good Sunday, y'all!!

1 comment:

Annie Hall said...

Listen to "Utah, this is the place" one more time and you'll change your mind about Arizona, I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDM20gHlI6M