Saturday, October 8, 2011

Somebody wake up Green Day, cause September is over!

Today I had one of my favorite runs ever! The weather was cold, about 50 degrees and cloudy. In my mind, that is PERFECT running weather! Not a gust of wind, of which I was grateful for :) I am super excited for the Halloween Half on the 29th, this run today just showed that I am right on track to break 2:20 again. I'm actually shooting for 2:15, especially since it is all downhill. I have a feeling I'm just gonna be cruising that whole time. Heather and I are doing it together, and since everyone dresses up for this race we'll probably just end up wearing crazy socks and/or a tutu. I hate dressing up anyway, but I don't want to be the only one without a costume! I think it'll be one of the best races I've ever done, though. Super stoked! Three weeks!

Utah can't decide whether it wants to be fall or winter! The last three days have been cold and rainy/snowy, like a typical early winter day! Where did fall go? I feel like it just started! Hopefully next week it will warm up to the 60's at least. I realized I have less than ideal winter clothing, so as soon as I get paid I'm going shopping! Woo! I haven't been shopping for clothes in MONTHS!

Provo is an interesting place. I feel like everywhere I go I have to look my best because you NEVER know who you might see or meet. I love the social scene here, there's always something going on. And luckily I am in a super awesome ward! The people in it are so fun and nice and totally chill. I've made some wonderful friends in this ward. Everything has worked out so great for me up here. I live in a cute little house that is almost always clean, my roommates are not catty AT ALL and we all get along so great it's almost scary. Ha ha. I love sharing the loft upstairs with Shantelle and Jaclyn. They are my new best friends, I love them so much!

Last weekend we went up to Shantelle's cabin in Bear Lake, Idaho with her family. We watched General Conference, ate so much amazing food, and went to the lake. It was actually not as cold as some people say, although by AZ standards the water was pretty chilly! Funny story- Shantelle loves to have a crazy time on the wave runner, and as luck would have it I have a huge fear or deep water AND of falling off the wave runner. So I was screaming and shaking the whole time because I was scared. Well Shantelle said she wouldn't tip us over because she knew how scared I was. Well, as we were heading into the marina to load up the wave runner, she decided to do one more crazy donut in the water. We tipped over faster than any of us could react, and of course I screamed and went into the fetal position in the water and Shantelle was just staring at me in shock because she felt so bad! Haha, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it turned out to be really funny and totally made the trip to the lake.
This is us on the wave runner after we tipped over. So fun! 
Another fun part of Bear Lake was seeing a moose!! I was so excited! I love moose and have only seen two in my whole lifetime (now three) so I was super excited. I got an okay picture on my phone:

There was actually two of them, the one in the water looked to be a two or three year old and he was hanging out with a female. I don't know if it was his mom or not. But they were huge! I want one for a pet!!! Ha ha!

Anyway, this post has been too long, but I'll put a couple more pictures from the last couple weeks....

Winger's for Andi's birthday (she's the one next to me)

It was cold once we got out of the water and onto the boat! (Bear Lake)

This is from September. Amanda got married in the Salt Lake Temple, lucky! We have another picture like this from almost a year ago, so cute!

The first snow fall of the year. We had slushy snow fall in Provo but the mountains got covered pretty good. It's already almost melted! 

Anyway, the next couple weeks will consist of work and running and a little school here and there. I love only having one class :)

Have a good October!!













1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

So so good to hear from you! You are so sweet to leave a comment on our blog. I'm so excited that you are doing so well up there. It looks like you have got some super fun roommates and that your staying busy but having fun. I'm also proud of you and all your running. I have just started back into the running thing a little again. I'm taking it nice and easy though. You take care of yourself!

Love,
JoLynn

P.S. You look amazing!!!