Monday, February 16, 2009

Let Me Explain Myself

So, to explain myself for finally breaking down and getting a blog...I was bored. And I need to use it to get more motivation for the marathon! Yes, I am running a marathon in Sepetember. It's the Top of Utah Marathon in Logan, UT. The exact date is September 19th, 2009. I am working on just getting into good shape right now, because to tell ya the truth...I don't think I've ever been in shape my whole entire life. So, I don't know where I got the craaaazzy idea to do this, but...maybe it's 'cause I heard Annie wanted to do it. Annie, you inspire me!! Hahaa. But seriously, why wouldn't you want to make your life better by getting in shape, and not to mention look great for the men in my life. Hahah! It's great though. I love it.

I ran a 10K just over two weeks ago, and there are so many words to describe that race. Fun, a blast, exhilirating, crazy, hard, awesome.... the list can go on and on forever. Seriously, I've never felt that kind of adrenaline rush before. After the race, I couldn't wait to do another one. Unfortunately, a couple hours later, I realized I must have pushed myself too hard because my lower right leg had a crazy pain in it. I gave it a week of rest, then tried running on it again. It got worse. I was so mad!! This was more than a stupid shin splint, because I've gotten those, and they are gone in a couple days with some good stretching and icing. No, this was definitely worse. So then, this last week, I caught the flu. This totally sucked because now I couldn't work out, and I had also signed up for a 5K because I thought my leg would be well enough to do it. Mistaken!

Instead of running a PR (personal record) on this 5K, I was forced to walk the first two miles which totally took a drain on my pride. Although it was really fun to walk with my mom. We ended up getting there late, so we started the race about 8 minutes behind everyone else....haha! We ended up catching up to the last people (while walking), I'm thinking they were really slow. Anyway, on the last mile I couldn't take it anymore, so I left my mom and ran the last mile as well as I could with the flu and a bum leg. Wasn't too bad. I have no idea what my time was, but neither do I care. It was all for charity, and free t-shirts. Talk about a sweet deal. But, as a result of the running, even after almost a week of total rest, my leg acted up again.

So the moral or point of this story is to say that I am on rest for at least two to three weeks. However, being on rest just means no running. I plan on using the bikes and the elliptical to their fullest potential at the slightly amazing rec center. Thank goodness for the family monthly pass! If I had to go these two or three weeks without working out I would totally lose it. Even after this one week of being deathly ill, I'm about to lose it. Which is why I am going to the rec center tomorrow no matter what!

I apologize for the bloody long post, but maybe the next one will be shorter. Although, don't count on it.

1 comment:

Cara said...

i like your blog, thanks for the invite!