Thursday, February 19, 2009

If you love to be sore like I do...

Do lunges! Seriously, I did over a hundred of them for the first time in over a week and a half, and I did a lot more than normal. I can almost feel my butt shrinking...haha!

Today I went to the rec center, also for the first time since I got the flu. I figured out that going at one oclock on a Thursday afternoon means a hot-guy-free-zone. Grrr. Seriously, the only men there were either really old, fat, or 10 years old. Okay, I'm not one of those girls that gets all "girlied-up" for the gym and such, but fer real, what is wrong with checking out a hot guy as he works his biceps? I submit that there is nothing wrong with that. It was kind of annoying to be the only girl on the weights floor (there were some on the track, though) because this one kid, (looked to be about my age, only three times as big!), I swear he was like trying to show off or something! He sat on the quads machine next to where I was working my calves and started swinging his legs so fast and so hard that he ended up slamming the weights on the top of the machine! I just kind of made a scoffing sound (not quite laughing, and not quite loud enough for him to hear). I don't find it cool or attractive when people don't even know how to use the machines. Slow and easy does it, people! That's my workout advice for the day. :)

Oh, one more thing. There were like two or three of these kids who I swear had been dropped off there and forgotten about by some careless parent. Seriously, I was sitting there on the mat by the elevator, doing my stretches and ab workouts, and all of a sudden the elevator opens and some kids come running out, almost running me over! I just kind of laughed it off, because I am not the type to get mad over nothing. Anyway, they run down the stairs, and sure enough, two minutes later the elevator opens again, and again they come running out screaming and laughing. After about six or seven times of this I give them a dirty look the next time they come through. They didn't get the message. After that I was ready to go home, because I was done stretching and whatnot. But seriously, any moms reading this should know that the rec center is not a playground for unsupervised children! I was so peeved that there wasn't a parent around.... oh well. It's not like I can give parenting advice! Maybe they use the rec center as a way to get the kids out of the way for a couple hours. Like a babysitter. My advice- hire a babysitter next time!

New goal- be able to do ten normal pushups! No more of this "girl pushups" crap for me!

No comments: