Monday, June 11, 2012

That Sneaky Cookie

So yesterday as I was downing several cheese crisps (or quesadilla if you think you're more cultured than the rest of us) with my beloved Cholula sauce, I realized that I had eaten the same meal every day for a week. Yikes. So, I made the decision to forego the cheesy goodness for a couple weeks and completely over haul my diet. That means no more eating out, no more junk food, no more mindless eating.

That lasted until approximately 10 o'clock this morning.

I walked out of our tiny bathroom (I think it's about 4 foot square?) and there, on my roommate's desk, was a half eaten white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. You know, the kind with the giant white chocolate chips? Well, I literally stopped in my tracks and stared it down. I had a mental battle with this cookie. Did I really need the cookie, right then and right there? First of all, it wasn't even mine. Second of all, it hadn't even been a day since I decided no more junk food. Third, I think it had been sitting there for a while, so it was probably stale.

Oh, who am I kidding? I ate that cookie in about three seconds. Then I sent my roommate this text:

"There was a piece of cookie on your desk. I came out of the bathroom and it was staring me in the face...it didn't stand a chance. Sorry. I'll buy you another one."

Good thing my roommate loves me.

Also good news? The rest of my day has been healthy, and I plan on running tonight, so no harm done!

No comments: