Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Most Embarrassing Moment

A conversation in school about embarrassing moments reminded me of this story, and believe me, it's a keeper!

This happened shortly before my brother went on his mission. I had set out for an easy run, no more than 4 miles or so. As I was running back toward the front of my neighborhood (in Gilbert), I saw my brother's old blue "Mexitruck" pulling out of the street. So, me being me, I ran up to the truck, banged on the hood like a madwoman, and flipped him an enthusiastic double bird (in typical Clouse fashion).

My brother was not driving the truck.

In fact, the man driving the truck was somebody I had never seen in my life. And there was what looked like a young boy in the passenger seat.

That moment of panic when I realized I had just royally offended a complete stranger sent me running in the opposite direction as fast as I could. If my face wasn't red from running, it sure was now. To make matters even worse, he ended up turning in the direction that I was running and so passed me running wildly down the street. I'm not sure if I was hysterically laughing or just simply freaking out....

A couple of minutes later, I returned back home and looked for my brother to ask him who the heck was driving his truck?! My dad, over hearing, piped in that the mechanic had come to pick it up.

As I told them what had happened, they began to laugh so hard that both were on the floor with tears streaming down their faces. My dad couldn't get any words out, except he kept gasping over and over, "You can't make this stuff up!!" I stood there with shame and embarrassment and finally couldn't help but to join in laughing.

To my horror, my dad promptly called the mechanic and said joyfully, "So, i heard you met my daughter?" The mechanic said he was shocked (as was his 6 year old son, who I'm sure is scarred for life), but that he wasn't too offended because after all, I am a Clouse and Clouse's tend to do crazy things like this.

So in the end, no harm done, and my dad was right, you cannot make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Julie Button said...

Alicia you really ought to be careful when and where you do that stuff! I wont lie though, although I don't think it appropriate, I definitely can not help by laugh when I see you do such actions. Like that one time I was driving with you and you totally flipped off the car in front of us... And all those other times...