Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Busy busy busy.

This weekend is probably going to be the busiest of my summer so far. Let's take this through day by day...

Thursday: I have my first practical midterm. Haven't studied for it much yet. Since it's hands on stuff I actually have to know how to do it for clinical use too. Good thing I enjoy it!

Friday: my roommate Jaclyn's wedding luncheon and reception. Also packet pickup for the race on Saturday.

Saturday: get up at 3:30 for the Utah Valley half. Yeah I know, that's an obscenely early time! But they have to get all the buses up there super early for some reason. Whatevs. Then I get to run the race! Yay!! I love half marathons so much. This one should be a really good one, stay tuned for recap!

The rest of Saturday (after I sleep off my race) will consist of studying for my midterms next week and writing my talk for Sunday. Haven't talked in church for over a year, so I'm a little nervous! Then that night I have another wedding reception to go to.

Sunday: talk in church. Hurray. Study the rest of the day for my two midterms and a quiz on Monday. Yikes.

Now I know all this doesn't seem like much but when I have more stuff going on than normal I tend to go a little crazy. Keep in mind that every spare minute I have is going to be spent stressing over studying for midterms, writing my talk, and surviving a half marathon on minimal training. And even when the weekend is over, the stress is not! School next week (and possibly the week after) is going to be a wild time! My teachers like to attack us all at once with tests and projects. It's so wonderful.

Now, not is all bad! I'll still get to see two of my roommates marry their EC's (eternal companion in Utah talk) and live happily ever after. I get to finish yet another half marathon, my third since October, something that not everyone can do. I get to enjoy the beautiful Utah summer weather. There are so many things I'm blessed with that I think I can put up with a couple busy weekends every once in a while!

On another note, I signed up for another half in September. I think I have an addiction.

No comments: