Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend at home!

So I'll probably post pics on facebook from this weekend, but it was so fun that I must do a recap :)

Drove home Wednesday, made it home pretty fast and in enough time to go hang out with some people for a little bit.

Thursday consisted of lunch at YC's with Emily and Rochelle and then I FINALLY got my hair cut. My bangs were getting too long and annoying! Me and Chic went to go play with some lab puppies (I WANT) and they were seriously crazy and to die for. So cute! I don't really remember the rest of the day, probably because all I did was watch tv and eat some more good food. Hey, don't hate. I don't have cable in my house here in Provo and so I couldn't resist the appeal of the tv at home!!

Friday was soooo long but so much fun! Woke up early, took a shower, visited my old job and then went to the Veteran's Day parade in downtown Mesa with my moms side of the family. Really cool to see how patriotic everyone was. It was also awesome to see my coworkers and catch up and tell them all about my life here in P-town. Of course they miss me, I was the best ever! Haha. Then after the parade me and Savanna went to lunch and attempted to catch Thien and Brittany coming out of the temple, we were a little late though, everyone had left but I still got to say hi as they were taking some more pics with the photographer. We then headed to great-Grandma's house for a BBQ and some more family time with the Wilkins. There were some pretty hilarious pictures taken!! I then had to leave early so I could go get ready for Thien's reception, which ended up being pretty crazy fun! We all were on the dance floor and I swear it was a Gilbert High reunion, it was so great!! Everyone was there! After the reception we stopped by Walmart to get the 8th Harry Potter movie on DVD (it had just come out that day) so that everyone could come over to my house to watch it. I love that movie way too much. Hahah!! After the movie was over it was pretty late so everyone went home. Wonderful, wonderful day!

Saturday morning, my mom, Savanna, and I went and ran a 5K in downtown Mesa called Shun the Sun. We got these super legit race shirts that are long-sleeved, light blue, and extremely soft. Apparently they're made out of bamboo. Who knew, right? Anyway, of course I rocked the 5K because of all my "elevation training", it was my first one in over two years and I ran it in 29:30, not bad, right? Over three minutes faster than my last one (I think). After that I took a wicked awesome nap (much needed) and then got ready for a picnic with the Wilkins family in Fountain Hills. This weekend was a family reunion of sorts for the Wilkins side, pretty fun stuff. The fountain was legit, I'd never actually seen it up close before! That night I got a big group of people together and we all went tire rolling! It was so fun, lots of new people. I ended up running after the tire and pushing it back up the hill every. single. time. Luckily I had a few trusty boys who were always pushing too. That thing is freaking heavy!! But, it was a super fun night, because after that we went to    a friends house and a bunch of played signs. I started off really bad but I eventually got pretty good at it by the end!

Sunday I went to 8:30 church with my family. I helped my mom with nursery (not sure if I liked it or not. Too many screaming kids). This one little girl cried for the entire 2 hours. Insane. I don't even know why she was crying? We didn't want to take her to her parents because that just trains her cry every time she wants her parents. No bueno. After church I cleaned the house a little bit, made some cookies, took a nap, then got ready for Clouse family dinner, which I always love! All of the Clouse's are insane and I love them for it. So much fun! Then I rushed home to get ready for the big game night/cookie party that I was having, which is always a hit. Me and my mom had made a bunch of treats. Those parties are always fun, and I got to see pretty much everyone that I wanted to see!! There was probably about 60 or more people there at one point! I like that I can leave for Utah and yet still have my Arizona network of friends :)

Anyway, the drive back sucked but that's okay. Tomorrow is a new day! And, I'll be back in AZ before I know it :) I'm enjoying this double life I'm leading, haha!!! Sorry for the long post, as you can see it was an epic weekend.

Have a good week!

No comments: