Friday, November 18, 2011

7 things....

So I'm bored, and I saw on someone else's blog that they wrote a "7 things" post about themselves. Some of the things I've picked aren't exactly random, and they might already be common knowledge, but who cares. It's my blog, I do what I want :)

1. I have ran two full marathons, but I've trained for 3. The second one I trained for (in 2010) I got injured during the 20-miler run three weeks before the race. Big bummer! But I got to try again the next year and nailed it. I did St George in 2009 and Utah Valley in 2011. Next year I might try St George again :)

2. Instead of getting all dressed up for the Winter Formal my junior year, I went buffalo hunting with my dad and brothers in New Mexico. I have never regretted that in the slightest! Guys love it when they hear that I shot a buffalo, with a muzzleloader that had no scope on it. Yeah, not to brag or anything but that is pretty awesome, you have to admit!

3. I have played the violin since 5th grade, and I still love to play any chance that I get. It's one of my only true talents, since I don't consider running one of my talents, more of a hobby. But playing my violin has brought me (and others) more joy throughout the years than I could have ever imagined! I don't mind performing for people, and a couple weeks ago I performed solo for the first time in several years, at a fireside in my ward. Kind of terrifying, but I think I did okay! And, I'm always on the lookout for new music to play.

4. I love Arizona with all my heart. Since I've moved away I've realized how wonderful of a place it is. The weather is awesome, I have innumerable friends and family there, the roads are better for running (mile blocks instead of these stupid block-every-tenth-of-a-mile), there is so much stuff to do outdoors, the heat isn't as bad as some people make it out to be (if you've grown up there) and I love my home and neighborhood. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Utah or Provo. It has its own great things about it, but Utah will never live up to my AZ :) I am enjoying Utah, for the record :)

5. Along with loving AZ, I LOVE Mexican food. Which is probably why I am such a sucker when it comes to good tortillas and good salsa. I like to think that I am the best critic when it comes to the spicy deliciousness that is Mexican food. I probably eat more cheese crisps (quesadillas, for those who didn't grow up in my family) and burritos than anyone I know. And don't even get me started on taco stands in Mexico. Sweet mercy. If I had the chance, I would drive to Mexico JUST to get a taco (or 6) from a taco stand in Sonoyta. Every time I think about it....I die a little inside. Yum.

6. I went skydiving for my 21st birthday and it was seriously the greatest thing ever. The only time I felt scared was when we were coming in for the landing, because it felt like we were going so fast! Even when we were loading up in the tiny, rickety, shouldn't-even-be-flying airplane, or steadily climbing to 30,000 feet, or even when I looked out the door and saw the person in front of me disappear into the abyss, I was never scared! We were so high, it didn't even register to be afraid of heights. It was surreal. When my dread-locked instructor told me to jump, I did without any hesitation. The thrill was like nothing I have ever felt before or since. I think when Weston comes home from his mission I'll take him skydiving :)

7. I don't know how to snowboard or ski. I know, you're thinking "But you live in Utah now! Home of the greatest resorts EVER!" Well, problem #1, I own zero snow gear. As in, I would be that person wearing jeans on the slopes, which just screams "newbie!" Problem #2, I'm broke, so no ski lift tickets or gear rentals for me! Problem #3, I have no desire to eat snow and get a concussion and freeze my butt off and break my wrists and/or ankles just trying to get down a mountain with a board or two strapped to my feet and out of my control. Pass. I'll just enjoy sledding, thank you very much! But, if someone happens to invent a snow scooter (like a razor scooter without wheels!! Genius!!) than I am sooooo there. But til now, I'll watch everyone spend several hundred dollars this winter on aches and pains :)

Welp, that's me in a nutshell. And I tried not to brag for most of it, but you know how I am. The constant one-upper strikes again!

2 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Loved it, all of it! You are a wonderful daughter and not a one-upper...you can't help it you are just awesome!!!