Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happenings...

So, I've decided my blog is boring? But what can I say, creative writing was never my strong point so I just write what I think. whatevs.

I only have three days left of work. So weird, considering I've been there over a year and a half and I LOVE the place. I think I laughed too much today, mostly because they were making fun of me for eating cake. My nickname for the day was "275" because I told John I had a fear of getting fat. So naturally he called me an insanely gross number for the rest of the day. Then again, I pounded down that cake (it was delish, and I was hungry) until my stomach hurt, so i don't blame them for making fun of me!

Harry Potter is officially ended. I have coined the phrase "post-Potter depression" for how I feel. I texted my bestie at like 3 in the morning after doing the whole midnight showing thing, and I was like, what am I feeling right now? So happy, and yet so empty inside? Then the phrase popped into my head, and I felt so witty :) I've already seen the movie twice, and fully expect to see it again in a couple weeks. Seriously, such a good movie and the acting is stellar, for once! Snape's death scene, hello?

I leave for Lake Powell on Sunday! My cousins go for a WHOLE WEEK and they were awesome to invite me, Hannah, and Brooke along! Can I tell you how excited I am?? Now that I know how to wakeboard, I am pretty sure I'll be thisclose to being pro by the end of the week. And I am determined to be the tubing champ. Although I have been known to bail when things get rough. NOT THIS DAY! (name the movie) (nerdalert)

I am moving to Utah soon. Sometimes I think about it and am like "What the heal am I thinking?" but most of the time I just can't wait to start something new. Obviously I will miss my friends down here, especially now that we have been having so much fun lately, but this is an adventure that I am excited to embark on!

One last note- until further notice, all running is postponed until I get to Utah. Who wants to run in 100 degree weather AT NIGHT? I know I don't! It is just too dang hot. So I say I deserve a break! But, I'm starting to get the itch again to sign up for a race, we'll see how long I can hold out!

Much love......

2 comments:

Julie Button said...

Alicia I like your blog! It makes me happy to hear you in my head as I read your blog! Next time you go see HP can you not go Monday Friday or Saturday night? And obviously Sunday, but I figure that is implied... and im very jealous you are going to lake powel! Have fun!

Heather said...

I love your blog! I don't think it's boring at all.