Sunday, January 30, 2011

London's Run~~2011

So, I ran my first half marathon yesterday...and it was awesome!! Even though I had already ran a full, that was a year and a half ago so this still felt like a big challenge. When I got there it was freeezing cold (high 30's) and I was in short sleeves and running capris. So, I stayed in my car until about 20 minutes before the start and blasted some tunes and the heater :) by the time I got out of the car the sun came up and it was warming up! I was so pumped for this race, I had my plan all figured out. I wanted to run a 2:20 time, which was reasonable, and to do that I would have to keep a 10:40 pace. I would also need to eat a gel every four miles...so I used my sports bra as a pocket to put two gels in :) hehe. Nobody could tell! So anyway, the race itself was super fun, I kept a glorious pace throughout and ended up running a 2:18! Haha, two whole minutes faster than planned! Kind of a big deal!! Anyway, I felt so good afterwards, I can't wait to run another one in two weeks!! Haha....it never stops :) Then the Ragnar is in four weeks, I'm so excited! We finally have our entire team so I can sleep easy at night. Anyway, I think I will make London's Run a tradition for the rest of my life, I love it!!

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

That's awesome and sounds like fun! I'm pretty sure I'm going to attempt my first half marathon next year at the London's run. I think it will be plenty of time to get back into shape after having a baby. Hold me to my word! :)