Monday, January 24, 2011

10 Miler...I'm ready!

Well on Saturday I did my first double digit run in like 7 months, a big fat 10 miler that actually felt really great! I kept up pace the entire time and I feel like I can push it a little faster come this Saturday at my very first Half Marathon! I've done London's Run the past two years, but only the 10K, so this year I decided to go all out and do the Half. I'm very excited because I think I will be able to actually make a time goal! My goal is 2:20, and I will be happy with a 2:25. Then- and this is really stretching myself- I'm going to do ANOTHER Half Marathon two weeks after. It's called Ethan's Run (named after a sweet little boy who passed away from heart defects) and it is run through the hilly locale of Las Sendas in North Mesa. I did this one last year (10K again) and I can honestly say it is the most challenging one I've done. I'm mostly treating this as a training run for the Ragnar Relay in 5 weeks, so I'm keeping away from the time goal and just focusing on running the hills strong and just finishing. I think it will be fun, I'm trying to get the entire team to do the 10K because it will be way good for us all to practice some hills in race mode. So yeah, that's the nest couple weeks running-wise.

Normal life-wise? Work, school, and playing. I would say my life is pretty easy, eh? Have a good week!

1 comment:

Krissy :) said...

Hey how come you didn't ask me to run the ragnar relay with you?? Hahaha...... Juuuust kidding :) Sorry, we just weren't menat to last as runny buddies lol. Hey I have been doing really good at running though lately! And I'm really good at not walking thanks to you!