Monday, November 9, 2009

Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

First of all, because I am pretty sure I will be running that 10K Thanksgiving morning. I ran 4 miles tonight and it felt amazing, and I even kept a fairly good pace throughout the whole thing. I need another event to run so that I don't get lazy!



Second of all, the food. Duh. I honestly don't know how people can eat oven-cooked turkey. It is, quite frankly, like trying to eat cardboard. Dry and tasteless. Now, pit-roasted turkey.....my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Pure juicy goodness straight from heaven (or hell? since it comes from underground?). Also, besides turkey, we also roast some buffalo roast and pork roast. Now you can see why our Thanksgivings are better than yours.



Third of all, being with friends and family. This year is our "anti-family" Thanksgiving, and we're having a couple families from our ward and neighborhood over for the day. Way fun!!



Fourth of all, I get to go on my first bull hunt ever!! The day after Thanksgiving we are heading up to unit 23, and I swear I will not leave that place, nay, I will not sleep (comfortably) or eat (a lot) until I find the biggest bull in that forest and take it down with my bare hands (a.k.a. my rifle). The elk have been warned. I am coming!



Fifthly, after Thanksgiving comes Christmas. And with Christmas comes Christmas music. And cold weather. And happiness. And cute winter clothes. I have been trying my hardest not to ruin the Christmas music by listening to too much too soon, just a little bit here and there. Since August :). Can't help it! I love Christmas music way too much.



Anyway, this month is turning out to be crazy! But I like being busy much more than being...not busy. AND...I might get a full-time job soon!!! Well, between now and January I am getting interview and I desperately need this job so PRAY for me!! Thanks! :)

HAVE A GOOD NOVEMBER!

1 comment:

Steph said...

1. Pit roast turkey is AMAZING!!!!!
2. "anti-family" love it.
3. I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! Let's listen to it together and i can dance and sing to it while you give me dirty looks! Sound good?

Love ya! :)