Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dreams deferred...

So, I was planning on doing a half-marathon at the end of January. I guess it wasn't meant to be, because three days ago I got sick. I don't see myself running for at least a week (head cold= hard to breathe deeply!) so I decided I would face reality and downgrade to a simple 10K that day instead of the more intense half. There's no way I could catch up on training for a half after being sick. With the race less than 7 weeks away, it's not really possible.

In other news, I ran my first Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and LOVED it! Although it was pretty warm and during the race I wanted to die, afterwards I felt great, because that is 600 calories I didn't have to worry about that day!! hehe! Also being around alllll those people was pretty fun, and it was very laid-back event. Definitely going to be an annual thing for sure!

Welp, I am for sure looking forward to Christmas. This weekend I am having a big birthday/Christmas/end of finals party at my house, and I am way excited. These parties always end up being good! Then, on Monday I am SKYDIVING on my birthday!!!!!! holy cow. Talk about super adrenaline rush. It is official. I am adrenaline junkie for sure!! Then there is Christmas, and all the awesomeness that it brings, and then school doesn't start until after the middle of January!! Can you say sweet?? (sweet!!)

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

(except for the sick part, of course!)

No comments: