Thursday, October 22, 2009

Feel the burn(out)

Now that I've finished this whole marathon thing, I was excited to start focusing on other things- like the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, or the half marathon out in Queen Creek in January. I figured I could jump back into running and I'd be just as good as ever.

Not so much!

It's like my body has checked out, along with my brain. I've tried running several times over the last three weeks since my marathon, but my body does not want to cooperate! I can't even run a straight mile anymore. It is the strangest feeling, like I know I could run 6 or more miles, and I want to, but my body really does not want me to! It's the tell-tale sign of burn-out. Which is why I am still holding out hope for that Thanksgiving 10K, but these next couple weeks there will little to no running at all. Good thing I love my bike! Also this will give me some chance to do some more weight training. I actually did some today for the first time in months, and my arms are like jelly, it is hard to type! But it felt good! Haha I may not think that tomorrow when my arms are sore!

Anyway, the plan for these next two to three weeks is bike riding and weight training at least 3 days a week, if not more. I like being sore, so this should be fun! Also, I am starting to get "Relief Society arms" which is never good!

I am LOVING this fall weather, it allows me to go for a spontaneous bike ride at noon and not get heat stroke. Also, sleeping with my window open is the best thing ever! I love cuddling in all my blankets :)

This weekend is ward summit with Mission Bay Ward, and I SUPER-DE-DUPER excited!! Who wouldn't want to spend a weekend at Camp LoMia with a bunch of attractive men??

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

You better not stay in this mode... I'm making you run with January whether you like it or not. love you.

Chelsie said...

haha that comment was supposed to say "run with me in January..." haha Sometimes my brain gets ahead of itself.