Monday, May 11, 2009

YES! YES! YES!

I got into the St George Marathon!!!

You have no idea how happy I am!

Out of over 10,000 applicants, I am going to be one of the privileged 7,200 who get to line up at the starting line on October 3rd, 2009. The reason I am so excited is because I thought for sure I wouldn't make the lottery. They put my name in a pool with these thousands of people, and it is pure luck on who gets drawn to run. I am so excited. Beyond belief. Now my running has a purpose again!

(This is the logo for the marathon....AH!)

For the next four months or more I will be kicking my butt on the roads. Right now, training is my top priority, although I may need to find a job soon....grrr. Anyway, wish me luck on this crazy venture. I must be crazy, right?





3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

OH my heck Alicia that is so awesome! You know what's so dang funny is that my sister in law's job is running the events in St. George. Her biggest event of the year is none other than the St. George Marathon. She talks all about the planning and preparing and the work that goes into this marathon. She talks about the drawing and what a huge deal it is! I am so proud of you! I'm going to tell her about you. GO and look at her blog too. It's on my blog under my friends and family-it's Brent and Kami.

Good luck to you! I will totally be cheering you on! You go girl!!! I may even come up there and watch you!!!

Love ya,
JoLynn

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Alicia,
Hi I am Kami...JoLynn sis-in-law. I am sO glad that you were drawn out and that one less person is angry with me and calling me to cry and beg!! WOOHOO! At least I made one person happy today. :)
Good luck and see you in October!

curtis and jacque dana said...

CONGRATS Alicia! That is so awesome! I am happy for you. Shoot I don't think I could ever run a marathon, but waht an accomplishment it will be. Good luck training!