Monday, May 12, 2014

Me <-------- idiot.

Yesterday, to celebrate Mother's Day for myself (because I am the mother of all awesomeness) I decided to make homemade honey wheat bread (one loaf for myself, one for work. Plot twist: it turned out great).

As I was pulling the second loaf out of the oven, the pan slipped from my hot-pad covered fingers.

It fell (in seemingly slow motion) and I fully expected the very-obviously-glass bread pan to shatter on impact. However, to my great surprise, it simply bounced on the ground and unceremoniously dumped the golden loaf of bread onto the (thankfully freshly mopped) floor.

I quickly picked up the loaf of slightly squashed but still edible bread off the floor. As I reached down to pick up the pan, I started to say to it:

"Thank you for not breaking!"

Instead, as my (BARE) fingers closed around the edge of the freshly-removed-from-the-oven-and-so-is-obviously-still-hot pan, the sentence came out more like this:

"Thank you for being EFFING HOT HOLY SHIT!"

After which I dropped the pan again, turned to the sink and began running my poor burnt thumb and two fingers under the cold water. But wait! It is a crime not to bread minutes after removing it from the oven! So I quickly slice myself a hunk of delicious, warm bread (while being near tears

No comments: