Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cold.

Things that happen when it is -3 degrees outside during the day-

Ice forms on the windows, inside your house.

Your car won't start without a little complaining.

You stand by the door before you step outside, gathering the courage and remembering that the pioneers had it worse.

Your eyes hurt instantly as soon as they hit the frigid air.

Your water bottle that you accidentally left in the car is frozen solid, as is your ipod and occasionally your iphone.

Fun fact- negative temperatures cause your phone to die within 20 minutes if left in the car.

Going to gym is so much harder, especially when you refuse to wear long pants.

The sun can be shining all day but the temperature does not go up at all. As a woman who grew up in Arizona, I do not understand this at all.

Dreading church because it means exposing your stark white legs to the elements. I have yet to build my Sunday winter wardrobe.

Basically, this cold snap better be over soon because I want my low 30's weather back, please. Low 30's = paradise. Seriously.

Let's be clear- I am not complaining. I don't mind this cold at all, because I am inside all day anyway! And even though this state is trying its hardest to make me hate it, I still love you, Montana. Your mountains are everything to me.

It's a deadly beauty, but I fall more in love every day.

No comments: