Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Decision...

Y'all remember that one time when (the biggest douchebag in the world) LeBron James had that hours-long ESPN special where he eventually announced his decision about where he was going to play basketball and get paid millions of dollars? Well this is more important, okay?

A couple weeks ago, I had a huge decision to make. Stay in Arizona and make lots of money, or move to Montana, fulfill my dream, save a little less money, but have the time of my life? I'm not entirely sure why it was such a hard decision for me. Probably because there were SO many variables. Eventually, all of the Arizona opportunities fell through and I was left with one choice: move to Montana.

I can't adequately put into words how excited I am. I signed for an apartment yesterday in Hamilton, which is only 10 minutes away from Corvallis (where the physical therapy office is). Now I just have to get up there and get my license active as soon as possible. I am nearly done with the application, and hopefully I can convince them to get my PTA license up and running quickly. I am planning on leaving on Monday the 21st. As in, less than 6 days from now. Womp.

I need to furnish an entire apartment in the first couple weeks that I am up there. I plan on sleeping on an air mattress until I can find a bed. Hopefully I can find a hot Montana boy to do all the hauling for me :)

Okay but in all seriousness, I am putting dating and getting married a little lower on the totem pole of priorities for a while. Basically I am not expecting much for now because I just have no idea what to expect. If I am meant to meet somebody, then I will. This I do know, there are not a lot of single, LDS women my age in that area, and this puts my odds very high :) My friend Amber (who is awesome enough to give me a ton of kitchen stuff for free!) said she wouldn't be surprised if I was the hottest girl up there. Haha I'm not setting the bar too high, but we'll see! I'm excited to make friends in the ward and hopefully some families will take me in as their own! Montanans are the most humble, nicest, and down to earth people I have ever met. I am so excited to get to know them.

Anyway, these last few days in Arizona will consist of packing, making sure my car is in top shape (we don't want a repeat of this summer's Montana trip) and making sure I see everyone before I go. I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life and I am definitely looking forward to bringing everyone along on my journey through this blog! Here's to the city girl in a small town...

No comments: