Monday, April 8, 2013

Penny boards are of the devil

Scene: the other night. My kitchen. Me and Chic (the 15 year old sister who is basically my clone) are talking and I had the genius idea to try her penny board.

The penny board. It's basically a smaller version of a skateboard. My sister rides it all over the neighborhood and throughout the house with perfect ease. So I think, how hard could it be?

I step on the board, placed in the kitchen hallway, as Chic is trying to tell me the correct way to ride it. I'm not really listening to her though. I step on the board, thinking that it'll be similar to a longboard, which I can kind of ride without any difficulty.

IT IS NOT LIKE A LONGBOARD.

I didn't even make it three feet. The board slid out from under me so fast that I was flat on my back in about 0.00005 seconds. I fell down so fast, I didn't have time to put out my hands behind me or anything! I landed kind of on my left side and mostly my head. My only reaction was to laugh hysterically. I'm on my back, not entirely sure of how I got there, and I roll over and see Chic snorting because she's laughing so hard.

I ended up getting a bruise on my head, hand, elbow and knee and somehow I got severe whiplash in my neck. Yesterday wasn't so bad, today was a whole different story. I can't turn my head to the left or tip my head back. Ouch!!! Even turning corners while I'm driving is painful! I expect it won't last very long, hopefully! Sleeping last night was not fun! Haha.

Anyway, moral of the story is that if I've never ridden a skateboard, I really shouldn't just jump on one, especially on a slick wood floor! Chic was laughing for probably 20 minutes after it happened.

I now have to glare at that stupid penny board every time I see it laying there so innocently. It is evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch our new Penny Edit at




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCPC0RWqYE

It could maybe help you ride, hahahaha