Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I can do hard things...

Counting calories is hard.

Especially when you're living in Provo, your roommates like to bake cookies, produce is expensive, your teacher brings einsteins bagels to morning class, and on and on.

Why am I counting calories? Because I want to lose 10 pounds. Don't judge. I want to look so good for spring break in Mexico that people will be like "who the heck is this foxy lady walking down the beach?" Okay I doubt that will happen BUT it wouldn't hurt to have a summer where I'm not worried about the cellulite on my thighs or the bulge of my stomach when I sit down. I just want to have a free-feeling, easy-going summer where I won't have to worry if I look good in my swimsuit, because I KNOW I'll look good.

ALSO pounds that I lose directly correlate with how fast I can run. And since I have two races coming up in the next six months (SLC half in April and Utah Valley half in June) I want to be at my top racing form. This will be the year that I run a sub 2-hour half marathon. I know that with the weight loss will come more speed and stamina.

I guess I'm only writing about this because today was one of those days where I had irresistible cravings for just about everything. I gave in to one of those cravings, which was Rubios. Not too bad in and of itself. But 600 calories for a single lunch is a bit much. Then later in the day it just became easier to give in to more cravings. Vicious cycle. I ended up making some homemade wheat waffles for dinner with  organic peanut butter and bananas on top. Yum! But then I went to a Relief Society party where there was delicious little smokies that were to die for, and since my roommate made them and there were leftovers...yeah, I ate some at the party and then more when I got home.

I then proceeded to watch Biggest Loser, which gave me enough motivation to go to the gym :) and even though it was a late night gym workout I feel like I still had a good sweat and I immediately felt better.

Moral of the story--- There's nothing like a good workout to fight a bad case of the fatty day.

Anyway, this was mostly rambling, mostly because I'm frustrated after today but tomorrow will be better :) Cannot WAIT for spring break, Rocky Point is my favorite!

No comments: