Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The suspense!

So I've had two interviews at this place called 26.2 Running Company here in Provo. They were super impressed with my knowledge of physical therapy, and they asked me a lot of specific questions on that subject, such as how to diagnose a running injury and what I would tell a customer if they had a nagging pain, ect. I feel like I really answered those questions well.

After my 2nd interview on Monday, the lady I interviewed with said something along the lines of "Well, it sounds like it's pretty much a done deal. We'll discuss it more and then call you."

Of course, here I am, almost two days later, and no phone call! I don't really know how long they'll wait until they call me, I just hope it's soon! I WANT/NEED this job. The hours are awesome, the atmosphere is awesome, and it will really help me with my fitness goals.

Speaking of, today I downloaded a fitness/calorie counter app on my phone, and I am so excited to use it! I can log every thing I eat, and it even has a handy barcode scanner so that I can scan food packages and stuff. So sweet! Then you put in your current weight and your weight goal and it tells you how many calories to eat a day. I figure with half-marathon training and a weight loss goal of 10 pounds by Halloween, I should be eating about 1,400 calories a day. The training isn't too strenuous, so I don't need that many extra calories.

Actually, Halloween weekend (the 29th to be exact) I am running the Provo Halloween Half! I am so excited, so far I have my sis-in-law Heather and maybe another friend running it with me. I just have to figure out what we are going to wear! Everyone dresses up for it, so we'd kind of be losers if we didn't dress up! So, I am very excited for that.

Other than that, there's nothing much else new with me. I've been making tons of new friends and eating way too many brownies. Haha. Provo is pretty fun!

No comments: