Sunday, August 8, 2010

Running update....

So in June I was all signed up to do the Utah Valley Marathon. Well, I didn't train so well and ended up getting injured. Bummer, right?? So then I found out I also got into the St George Marathon, which was even worse because it's hard to get in to and I knew I wouldn't be able to train for it. So I can't do that one either, which makes me sad! I loved the St G race, it was so fun! But anyway, I've taken the summer off for running, but this week I'm coming back with a vengeance! I'm gonna build up a base again, which means I'm basically starting over. I'm gonna take it easy for the first couple weeks, but I'm also gonna sign up for some 10K's this fall, including the turkey trot, which was way fun last year. That should prepare me for a half marathon in January, London's Run out at Schnepf Farms. I've done the 10K two years in a row now, but haven't done the half yet. I'm excited for that one, and I'm gonna go for a time goal, which means a lot of speed training. It's gonna be awesome! So yeah, that's my running plan :) also I found a gym buddy which means it will be harder to skip a workout!

Sometime this week I'll write about my lake trip yesterday, it was EPIC.

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm excited for you. Keep it up for the two of us!