Sunday, April 25, 2010

16 miles....yeesh!

You read that right...yesterday I ran 16 miles! I actually had fun, until the last two or three miles, when it really started to hurt. However, I didn't walk any of it, of which I am very proud of! The funny part is, I totally broke down and cried when I was done. Number one, I was hurting bad! My legs felt like someone filled them with lead. And number two, I was so glad I had finished! The day before I was feeling all down about myself and thinking I couldn't do the 16 miler, so when I actually finished, I couldn't help but cry tears of joy! Haha...imagine if someone had stopped and tried to talk to me, they would have thought I was psycho! And number three....it was that horrid time of the month, so I'm sure the tears were also partly hormonal. Hahaha! I would....

Anyway, only 7 weeks until the big day. I'm way stoked because I know this time around I'm gonna rock it. I plan on shaving off an hour from my St George time, doing it in 5 hours instead of 6. If I do it, awesome. If I don't, not the end of the world because I'm doing St George again this year! Yay for marathons!

Me and my sister and momma did Pat's Run last week in Tempe. Let me just say it was CRAZY, over 21,000 people, so I was very surprised when I managed to shave off four minutes from last year. It was so crowded I swear I almost tripped like 10 times. It was so fun though, I had a blast. My mom and Savanna both did it in under an hour, which was way good for both of them! My mom loved it, she wants to pick up running now! Yay! I am definitely an advocate of that.

Welp, this coming weekend me and some friends are heading to California for some Six Flags, I am so so so excited because I definitely need a vacation! It seems like Mexico was so long ago...when it was only just over a month ago. Haha! Time flies, I guess! This week should be exciting, a friend comes home from his mission! Woo hoo! Also, my brother is engaged. Another woo hoo! Now I'll have another sister, and hopefully some nieces and nephews before long!! Haha that's what I'm most excited about :)

Have a good week!

2 comments:

elizabeth lawlor said...

Are you kidding me!??? Your like a rockstar!!! Way awesome that your all into marathons!! I could never do it, I am about the swimming!!! Gonnna hopefully do some splash and dashes this summer! Keep up the hard work Missy! Thanks for staying in touch means alot !!!

Definately all about staying healthy so I will for sure try that jam!!:) thanks for the tip

Lacey Lou Who said...

You are CRAZY! I couldn't do it!