Saturday, March 13, 2010

"And totally redeemed yourself!"

In case you were wondering, that quote is from Dumb and Dumber. Definitely a top 5 movie.

And the reason I quote it is because I really did redeem myself today. On my running schedule it called for 6 miles, because I was supposed to have done 9 last week. Which I didn't/couldn't. So, today I decided to run the 9 miles for reals this time. And let me tell you what, I totally nailed it! It goes on my list of top 10 runs, for sure. I figured out a little strategy. Instead of looking right at the ground in front of me or even looking out as far ahead of me as I can see, I decided to focus my eyes on the ground about 30 to 40 feet in front of me. I don't know why, but this made a world of difference! I ran the entire 9 miles without walking, only stopping twice to fill up my water bottle at freestone park. It was a night and day difference from last weeks attempt. And it made me feel great! Since I'll be missing my run next Saturday (I'll be in Mexico!) it was really important to have a super good run today. What also made the difference was running consistently throughout the week. I did several great workouts, however I ate like crap this week (again!) so I feel all bloated and gross (ugh! TMI!) but this week I should do better. Hopefully. Mexico can make you kinda gassy. hahaha!! Welp, I'm definitely looking forward to working only 2 days this week, it's gonna be a good one!

VIVA LA MEXICO!

(I don't know Spanish, I just pretend)

No comments: