Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Training so far...

It's been great!

Okay, but I've slacked off. I don't think I've completed a full week of training since I've started, but this week is shaping up to be the best yet! You know why? Because I just bought a 6 month membership to the rec center! I love it! Now I can run on the treadmill or the indoor track instead of in the heat and I can use the weight machines and the bike machines and...it's AWESOME.

Going to the rec center again will be a great thing for my training. Now I can do adequate cross-training, which are activities that do not involve running, on days when I don't run. I can bike outside, now, too! I finally fixed my bike after three months of a flat tire, and this morning I took it for a spin. Still works like a charm!

Something I realized after my first workout at the rec center- I have become extremely slow! I used to be able to do a 10-minute mile way back in January, but now I struggle with even that! How pathetic is this? That is why I am now implementing treadmill running into my routine. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be back to a 10-minute mile. Also I need to work my abs every day if I am going to be able to run comfortably- all that extra flab around my middle does not help me be faster at all!

So, new training plan:
  • Run my weekday runs on the treadmill at the rec center, since they are only 30 to 45 minutes long.
  • Continue running my Saturday long runs on the streets. Several hours on a treadmill at a time may be too much for me!
  • Work my abs every single weekday, especially after running on the treadmill.
  • Stretch after every run. Sometimes I forget.
  • Be able to do 15 good push-ups by the end of the month.
  • Have at least one strength training day at the rec center, most likely Fridays.
  • Don't wear a gray shirt to the rec center when I run (the sweat marks are nasty!)

All in all, even though I am progressing well, I still have a lot of work with regards to speed and simple consistency.

I am still very excited for October 3rd to roll around!!! Only 115 more days!

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Alicia I'm so proud of you! You make me want to train again! Man you are going to be in the best shape in the world!!! That is so awesome! What a sense of an accomplishment! Good for you! You go girl!!!

JoLynn

P.S. Yeah I don't like grey or white and some pinks to workout in. I found for me they are not such good looking colors with sweat and all!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh and Alica one more thing. Make sure you invest in a very good bra! This is just some good advice from an old lady:)