Sunday, April 19, 2009

ah-maze-ing Sat-ur-day

Saturday morning- me and Chels did Pat's Run! Although I will admit that Chelsie beat me, and I didn't do as good as I thought I was going to- it's all about having fun though, right? Chelsie did it in about 40 minutes, while I came behind at 45 minutes. I kind of wish we had people at the end taking pictures of us, but we made my mom take a couple when we got home!


Aren't we so hard core? Ha ha. The reason I think I didn't do so swell is I ate a Clif Bar about an hour and a half before, and since I haven't eaten one in a long while, and they are kind of heavy and filling, my stomach freaked out on me and I had stomach cramps for most of it. I still had a blast though, running with 20,000 people really makes it a great experience! I took it easy for the first half, although I took it a little too slow, because I was three minutes behind my goal time at mile three. The last 2.2 miles I tried to speed it up. I would look ahead, spot a "victim", and attempt to pass that person. Then, I would pick a new victim. This is actually a fun strategy only because I am slightly competitive when it comes to these things, and picking out different people to pass was pretty entertaining! All in all, it was the biggest event so far (people-wise) and I had so much fun. Good job Chelsie on beating me!

Then, I had about three hours to shower up and get ready for our big kayaking trip. We had twenty people, and we were lucky to get 18 kayaks and a canoe. It was so much fun! I love just chillaxing on the kayak on the slow parts, and chatting with people throughout the whole thing. Braden was a punk and jumped on my kayak and completely sank me! Now, first of all. I hate the river water. Hate it. But I hate the river bottom even more. Nasty algae and moss and fish and dead bodies....NASTY. So of course I screamed bloody murder as my kayak sunk from under me. It tipped over, and I hauled myself on top of it, trying my hardest not to touch the nasty bottom. I saved my shoes and my paddles though! Then I commanded the people nearby to drag me to shore. Everyone was laughing pretty hard, and I definitely was too! I don't get mad about things like that, I just laugh along with everyone else. After Julie's friend Isaac was nice enough to help me empty my kayak of water, we were on our way again. Overall, it had to be one of the funnest kayaking trips ever, only because there were so many people!

Needless to say, i was pretty exhausted after waking up at 5 for the morning's event and then kayaking, but I still had to go home, take a quickie shower, then go to the benefit concert at Gilbert High. The concert was for the family in Gilbert who were in a small plane crash last August, and the mom has horrible burns over most of her body. She has extensive medical bills, so the concert was to raise money towards that. There were so many awesome performers, including Jordan Bluth, Debbie West Coon, and......Brooke White! Now, I wasn't exactly a huge fan of hers on American Idol, I just thought she was alright. But after seeing her perform four songs live, and seeing her hilarious personality (the girl is a spaz!), she has grown on me. Her voice was so much better last night than it was on AI, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole entire night. After that, I went home and crashed at like 10:30...first time in forever that I have been to bed that early!

Well, I hope everyone had as amazing a weekend as I did... Sunday has been awesome too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah ha! I freakin love you! and we need to finish getting you caught up to me in bleak house! I dieing wanting to know what happens next! there are so many mysteries we still do not know! ahh! anyway This post is hilarious! I love it!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

You are awesome! You are my NEW hero! I'm so proud of you! You ROCK! I think you did awesome with your time! 45 min. is great! You beat me! I ran it in 49 min. Well I sort of ran it in 49 min. You will have to go to my blog and read about my experience it. Let's just say I should have called you! Next time I will!!!

I can't believe all that you did this day! You are one mover and shaker! You go girl!

Take Care,
JoLynn