Monday, August 26, 2013

Breaking Bad

Can I just take a moment and talk about the greatest show on television?! So during my awful week last week, where I was suffering from hives and itching and all that, I discovered the greatest show in existence. Now, I realize this show is in its 5th and final season (sob) and so it has been around for a while, and I realize I have had several friends tell me I need to watch it, but GOSH DANG IT why did I never listen?! This show, oh man this show is addicting. And it is all I can talk about. And people must think I'm crazy.

Here's the gist on this gem of a show: it is about a chemistry teacher (Walter White) who, upon finding out he has cancer, somehow decides that cooking and selling crystal meth is the only solution to his financial sorrows. He doesn't want his family to end up destitute when he is gone. So he teams up with an old student of his, Jesse (the love of my life) who has fallen into some druggie ways and has been a small-time meth dealer on the side. He's your typical punk kid with no respect for anybody. But I still can't help but love the kid. First off, he's gorgeous. Aaron Paul is one excellent actor and I don't think anybody else could have done such a stellar job with the character of Jesse Pinkman. His character arc over the 5 seasons of the show is what makes him so amazing. You'll just have to watch to find out what kind of person he becomes.

I think that's why I love this show so much. None of the characters are stagnant. The people they were in season 1 are so different than the people they are in season 5. The writing in this show is some of the best television story-telling I have ever seen. And at the risk of sounding like an obsessed fan (which I'm pretty sure I am), I am not kidding when I say that it is truly the greatest show on television. Ever. And I have watched a lot of TV and so obviously my opinion is valid. Haha. Just do yourself a favor, and watch it. Fair warning though, there will be violence and some language but if you can look past that, then you can enjoy it for what it really is. I can't say enough about it. And I'll leave it at that.

Also, I dare you not to fall in love with Jesse Pinkman. Because you will eventually. I promise.

No comments: