Thursday, January 17, 2013

Never in my life....

....Have I been this busy! Holy crap! I'm doing 40 hours a week at my clinical, trying to squeeze in 6 to 8 hours of study time a week, attempting to keep my social life alive (kind of succeeding), training for Ragnar in like 6 weeks, keeping an 8-week-old puppy from crying all night long (she is doing great so far!) and also keeping up with Church responsibilities (this week I fail at that miserably). I am feeling stretched pretty thin! So if I am not heard from in the next 14 weeks....that is why.

Luckily the national licensure exam is only 12 (!!!!!!!!!) weeks away. After that I will have much more free time. Twelve weeks seems like such a short time, considering that tomorrow is two weeks done of my clinical. Studying is hard, there is so much content and I feel as if I am not retaining any of it. Today I took my first practice exam. It was supposed to take 3 hours...I did it in just over an hour. Even though I rushed through it, I still managed to get a pretty great score that boosted my self-esteem a bit.

Even with all of this going on, I am still managing to have fun on the weekends. In fact, last weekend I went up to a cabin in Heber and had the most glorious time! And I plan on going again in a couple weeks. Even though I have all these responsibilities, I feel like it is more important than ever to find time to relax and unwind. If I didn't, I would probably go crazy. The thought of the cabin trip is the only thing that is keeping me going right now!

Also, we have an Australian exchange student staying at our house right now. She is AWESOME and honestly I could listen to her talk all day because her accent is so cool. Now that I have someone to visit  Down Under that just means I'll have an excuse to go there someday!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
I'm sorry to approching you like this but I see that you are almost done with the PTA Program.I will apply there in March because I'm very interested in the program.I'm not from US so I don't know the system and I'm looking from someone that is in the program to give me some info's .I came across your profile in this website blog.Can you please help me out ? I can give you my e-mail or if you want you can give me yours.Somehow this blog wouldn't let me log in.My e-mail is carabinierii@yahoo.com
Thank you and good luck with your program.
Vlad