Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sick...but not with piggy flu

Well, this past week I have been sick, which has made it impossible for me to train! I haven't ran since Saturday, and even then I was starting to get sick which meant that my 6-miler ended up being a measly 4-miler. And I didn't even run the whole time. I tell you what, being sick SUCKS big time. And what sucks even worse is that this Saturday I have a big 14-miler to do. I'm thinking that I am just going to speed walk it, since going the distance walking is better than doing nothing at all, right? It would be suicide to try and run it after not running for a week. What is bad about this flu-like sickness is that it has given me a sore throat and a cough, so I have a strong feeling that even if I tried to run, I would be doubled over coughing before long. Okay, enough with the negative part. Done with the venting.

Come to think of it, there is no positive side to this week. So that is the end of my post. Oh wait...I lost 5 pounds. There is something positive to being sick! Haha!!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I sure hope your doing feeling better! Hang in there. Your doing awesome with your training! I'm so proud of you!

JoLynn